Experts say the same-sex parent is the most important role model in a child’s life. Here are some great together-time tips and local ideas for making the most of your mother-daughter or father-son relationship.
Written by Kirsten Cornell
Mother & Daughter
1. Sign up for a jewelry making class together at Multiplicity in historic Katy.
2. Get dressed up and have a tea party with some winter melon black tea from Kim’s Tea House.
3. Get your hair done together at Pari’s Gallery, BH Hair Studio, or Simply Irresistible.
4. Pick up two copies of the same book at Katy Budget Books for a mom-and-me book club.
5. Get a cookie at Nestle Tollhouse Café at LaCenterra then hit Justice for some cute clothes.
6. Paint ceramics at Plaster Fun House and Ceramics.
7. Get dolled up and go to the Santikos Palladium.
8. Head to a local nail salon for mommy-daughter mani-pedi’s.
9. Order matching pajamas from pajamagram.com and have a mommy-daughter movie night.
10. Go to lunch at D’Amico’s Italian Market Café followed by a movie at Cinemark.
Father & Son
1. Play a round of blacklight miniature golf or laser tag at Tilt Studio.
2. Hit Midway in historic Katy for some of the best barbecue in town.
3. Take aim at sporting clays at American Shooting Centers.
4. Head to Houston Fun Plex for bumper cars, rides, arcade games, and endless play.
5. Go to Mary Jo Peckham Park or other local pond for a day of fishing.
6. Enjoy a game of billiards or bowling at Times Square Entertainment.
7. Practice your golf swing and enjoy some food at TopGolf.
8. Visit Texas One Athletics and book their batting cage for a half hour of practice.
9. Go to Katy Mills’ Jump Street for boundless bouncing and fun.
10. Find your way to Steak ‘n Shake and have a pancake eating contest with their all-you-can-eat pancake special.