The Goddard School, located in Katy, is reaching out to all Goddard School alumni. The organization has just announced that it will be accepting applications for its fourth annual $10,000 Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded to a Goddard School alumnus each year to use toward his or her education at an accredited college or university.
“The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship provides financial support to a graduate of The Goddard School who demonstrates an excellent work ethic, commitment to family and community and a love of learning,” says Joe Schumacher, chief executive officer for Goddard Systems, Inc. “We are eager to determine this year’s recipient of this prestigious award.”
The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is named in memory of the founder of The Goddard School, an entrepreneur who started several other well-known franchise companies including AAMCO Transmissions, Inc. and MAACO Auto Painting and Bodyworks, Inc. According to Schumacher, Martino was a successful businessperson who worked his way up from humble beginnings to achieve success.
The application deadline for the Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is February 19, 2012. Eligible applicants can access the scholarship application on Goddard’s website at goddardschool.com under the communication tab. Students interested in applying should follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants must be graduates of The Goddard School Pre-Kindergarten and/or Kindergarten program.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Applicants must use the scholarship to attend an accredited college or university.
- Only high school juniors and seniors are eligible.
- To complement the Scholarship Application, applicants may submit a video essay between 30 and 120 seconds (e.g., How The Goddard School influenced your career path/education). Video essays should be mailed to 1016 West Ninth Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406 ATTN: Scholarship. (Video content may be used by Goddard Systems, Inc. in advertising and publicity, including broadcast and social media.)
- Relatives of Goddard Systems, Inc. or The Goddard School employees are ineligible.
- The scholarship recipient selection will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status or any other factor which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final in matters relating to the above practices.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funds available and applicant eligibility.
For more information about the Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship, visit goddardschool.com.
Please mention you found this on www.KatyMagazine.com.