Katy, TX News (May 4, 2017) -This spring, Katy Magazine competed in the Association of Free Community Papers (AFCP) Awards, a national program that seeks out the “best of the best” and showcases the highest quality publications in the United States. A panel of judges selected winners and finalists from over 1300 entries and 90 categories.
This year, Katy Magazine received 10 awards in categories such as general excellence, best single ad, cancer-awareness, community service, and best original writing. See all of the awards and the judge’s comments below:
- Special In-Paper Promotion Or Special Section -Separate Section Distribution: (Life – Salmon cover) First Place – Judge’s Comments: “Awesome stand-alone guide -organized well and designed with the reader in mind!”
- Community Service -Graphics: (SEEN – Stan Stanley Day) First Place – Judge’s Comments: “A great message -encouraging their readers to help others in honor of a wonderful man.”
- General Excellence – Publications Printed on Gloss: Second Place
- Self-Promotion –Own Publication: (Katy Go Contest) Second Place
- Self-Promotion-Other Media: (Wrapped Cars) Second Place
- Banner or Nameplate -Magazine Format: (Gold balloon letters from December/January 2016) Second Place
- Feature Article Layout–Magazine Format: (Women Who Rock) Third Place
- Fitness, Fashion Or Beauty -Single Ad, Full Color on Gloss: (Gallas Ad) Third Place
- Best Original Writing–Column –A Column written to inform or educate the reader: (Female Athlete Tetrad) Third Place
- Andrew E. Shapiro Award-Cancer Awareness Promotion: Honorable Mention
View results and winners here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceu529gwd3s08n4/2017BestoftheBestWinnersSM.pdf?dl=0.