Courtesy of Katy ISD
Katy, TX News – At the time of registration, parents must bring proof of residence dated within the past 30 days, showing the parent/guardian’s name and street address. A recent utility bill (electric, water, or gas), a house or apartment lease agreement, or an earnest money or purchase contract and a letter from a mortgage company indicating loan approval or proof from the home builder/realtor of cash payment verification.
Notice: It is a felony to falsify residency information for enrollment purposes (Texas State Penal Code, Section 27.10).
Attendance zone information for all Katy ISD schools can be found by using the Attendance Zone Locator. You can search by a specific subdivision or apartment complex, or you can select a campus and see what subdivisions it serves.
The following items may also be required based on residency status:
- Exhibit C: Application for Determination of Minor’s Bona Fide Residence – student is not living with a parent or legal guardian.
- Exhibit E: Temporary Power of Attorney – student is not living with a parent or legal guardian; may also need step-parent to complete.
- Exhibit F: Affidavit of Student Admission Information (for nonresident student in a grandparent’s after-school care) – enrolling based on grandparent’s address and after-school care – need Exhibit G as well.
- Exhibit G: Affidavit of Grandparent’s After-School Care (for nonresident student ) – enrolling based on grandparent’s address and after-school care – need Exhibit F as well.
- Exhibit H: Affidavit of Bona Fide Residence – to be completed by the person whose name is on the utility bill, for situations in which the student and parent reside with another family – need Exhibit I as well.
- Exhibit I: Parent’s/Guardian’s Assurance of Bona Fide Residence – to be completed by the parent when his/her name is not on the utility bill, for situations in which the student and parent reside with another family – need Exhibit H as well.
Registration information for new home buyers
If a family is living outside of Katy ISD and will not move into their house by August 25, 2014, they will need to submit an Application for Early Enrollment (District Transfer Application) along with $35 application fee. If they are not living in Katy ISD when the application is submitted, they have 60 days to close on the new house.
If the family is living within the boundaries of Katy ISD, all of the above applies except they have five months to close on the new home. In either case, the parent is completely responsible for transportation to and from school.
The following modifications will provide relief for Shafer, Wolman, and WoodCreek Elementary Schools.
Students residing in the LUZs below and attending Wolman Elementary will transition to Elementary #36 (in Pine Mill Ranch)
- LUZ 67D Silver Ranch (New Sections)
- LUZ 67F Cardiff Ranch
- LUZ 73B Churchill Farms
Students residing in the LUZ below and attending WoodCreek Elementary will transition to Elementary #36 (in Pine Mill Ranch)
- LUZ 67C Pine Mill Ranch
Students residing in the LUZ below and attending Shafer Elementary will transition to Elementary #37 (in Cross Creek Ranch)
- LUZ 73A Cross Creek Ranch
Future students moving into the LUZ below will attend WoodCreek Elementary (currently zoned for Wolman Elementary)
- LUZ section 9A -17 of Cinco Northwest (Future Development)
Additional links and information, visit katyisd.org/parents/pages/registration.aspx.