Katy Texas News
Posted January 17, 2011
Katy ISD joins districts across the state to thank School Board members for voluntarily tackling the enormous job of governing local school districts. January has been proclaimed School Board Recognition Month by the Governor, to help highlight the contributions of dedicated men and women who take the time to care about our local schools.
â€œOur seven school board members are a direct link between the community and the classroom, and have devoted countless hours to help ensure a quality education for our students,â€ said Katy ISD superintendent Alton Frailey. â€œI thank them for being true advocates for our students.â€
The men and women serving on the Katy ISD seven-member Board are:
- Judith Snyder, president â€“ Ms. Snyder has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1996.Â She has been named Master Trustee by the Texas Association of School Boards and has also served as a Legislative Representative from Region IV.Â Snyder has also been active in community service, serving on numerous boards, including the Katy Business Community Steering Committee and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Rebecca Fox, vice president â€“ Ms. Fox has served as a member of the Katy ISD Board since 2004.Â She has also been named â€œMaster Trusteeâ€ by the Texas Association of School Boards.Â Fox is a long-time volunteer in Katy ISD schools through programs like KEYS Mentoring and Junior Achievement.Â She was awarded the distinction of PTA Lifetime Member for her dedication to students, families and the community.
- Chris Crockett, secretary â€“ Ms. Crockett has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 2007. She is an active volunteer in the district, having served on the 2006 Bond Review Committee and having served on multiple campus PTA Boards and Campus Advisory Teams. Crockett was named Volunteer of the Year for Memorial Parkway Junior High in 2004.Â Prior to moving to Katy, Crockett was an active volunteer in Anchorage, Alaska; Jakarta, Indonesia; Aberdeen, Scotland; and McKinney, Texas.
- Robert Shaw, treasurer â€“ Mr. Shaw has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1997.Â Shaw has been an active member in the district, having been a former membership chairman and concessions chairman of the Katy High School Athletic Booster Club.Â Prior to his board service, Shaw served the district as UIL swim referee, served on the Katy ISD Plan Committee, served as vice president of the West Houston Aquatic League and served as president of the Tiger Swim Club.
- Joe M. Adams, sergeant-at-arms â€“ Mr. Adams has served the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1989 and currently serves as a director of the Gulf Coast Area Association of School Boards.Â Adams also serves on the Board of Directors o f the Southern Federal Credit Union and the North Houston Association.Â Adams has worked in the oil and gas industry for thirty years, including assignments in London, England and Cairo, Egypt.
- Eric M. Duhon, trustee â€“ Mr. Duhon has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1999.Â He is a former member of Katy High School Athletic Boosters and is a former member of Katy High School Band Boosters.Â Duhon is a Global Director of Data Center Technologies for BG-Group, holds a degree in Technology Management from Pepperdine University and is a Patent Holder.
- Neal Howard, trustee â€“ Mr. Howard has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 2009.Â Howard has been active in the Katy community, having served as a small group leader at Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church and the Young Life-Katy Adult Committee. Howard has also coached for Katy Youth Basketball for eight years and is a member of the Rice Belt Basketball Chapter of the Texas Association of Sports Officials.
For more information on Katy ISDâ€™s Board of Trustees, visit katyisd.org.Â Katy ISD will recognize and honor Board of Trustees members during the regularly scheduled Board meeting on Jan. 24, at 6:30 p.m. in the Katy ISD ESC Board Room. Please mention you found this on www.KatyMagazine.com.