Katy ISD joins districts across the state to thank its Board of Trustees for voluntarily tackling the enormous job of governing local school districts. January has been proclaimed School Board Recognition Month by the Governor, to help highlight the contributions of dedicated men and women who take the time to care about our local schools.
The men and women serving on the Katy ISD seven-member Board are:
- Joe M. Adams, president – Mr. Adams has served the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1989. He also serves as a director on the Gulf Coast Area Association of School Boards, has served on the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Board of Directors since 2011, and is on the Board of Directors of the Southern Federal Credit Union. Adams spent 30 years in the oil and gas business, working for several service/drilling companies in New Orleans, Dallas, London and Cairo, Egypt.
- Rebecca Fox, vice president – Ms. Fox has served as a member of the Katy ISD Board since 2004. She has also been named “Master Trustee” by the Texas Association of School Boards. Fox is a long-time volunteer in Katy ISD schools through programs like KEYS Mentoring and Junior Achievement. She was awarded the distinction of PTA Lifetime Member for her dedication to students, families and the community.
- Robert Shaw, secretary – Mr. Shaw has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 1997. Shaw has been an active member in the district, having been a former membership chairman and concessions chairman of the Katy High School Athletic Booster Club. Prior to his board service, Shaw served the district as UIL swim referee, served on the Katy ISD Plan Committee, served as vice president of the West Houston Aquatic League and served as president of the Tiger Swim Club.
- Neal Howard, treasurer – Mr. Howard has served on the Katy ISD Board of Trustees since 2009. Howard has been active in the Katy community, having served as a small group leader at Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church and the Young Life-Katy Adult Committee. Howard has also coached for Katy Youth Basketball for eight years and is a member of the Rice Belt Basketball Chapter of the Texas Association of Sports Officials.
- Henry Dibrell, sergeant-at-arms – Mr. Dibrell was elected to the Katy ISD Board of Trustees in May 2011. Dibrell is active in the community and is a former member of the Board of Directors of Lifehouse Houston, Houston Police Department’s Youth Police Advisory Council and Somebody Cares Houston’s Board of Advisors. Dibrell is a member of the Katy High School Band Booster Club, the Katy Bengal Brigade Booster Club and is a flag football coach at Crosspoint Church in Katy. He is also a member of the Blue Key National Honor Fraternity where he received the Dean Nicolus Award.
- Dr. Bill Proctor, trustee – Dr. Proctor was elected to the Katy ISD Board of Trustees in May 2011. Proctor is a member of the Association of Professional Educators, the Association of Texas Professional Educators, and the Katy Chapter of the Association of Texas Professional Educators. He also serves as Katy ISD KEYS mentor, a member of the Katy Chamber of Commerce, and serves with the Katy Higher Education Task Force.
- Terry Huckaby, trustee – Mr. Huckaby was elected to the Katy ISD Board of Trustees in May 2011. Huckaby works as a physics, chemistry and biology teacher in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. He has lived in Katy for 12 years and serves his community as president of the Creekbend Estates HOA. He also serves on the TSTA/Cy-Fair Executive Board as Regional Treasurer.
For more information on Katy ISD’s Board of Trustees, visit katyisd.org. Katy ISD will honor its Board of Trustees during its regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting on Monday, January 23, at 6:30 p.m. in the Katy ISD ESC Board Room located at 6301 S. Stadium Ln.
Please mention you found this on www.KatyMagazine.com.