Katy, TX Blog (May 30, 2017) – The 2017 Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1 and ends November 30. During these months, Texas is more susceptible to powerful and destructive tropical storms and hurricanes. The City of Katy encourages everyone to assemble a disaster supply kit of emergency supplies including:
- First-aid kit
- NOAA Weather Radio or battery-operated radio
- necessary medications
- non-perishable food items
- bottled water
- Follow the City of Katy Office of Emergency Management on Twitter and Facebook for local updates.
- Keep an eye out for storm-related hashtags on Twitter and Facebook to stay up-to-speed on storms as they progress.
- Review your area’s hurricane evacuation map every year and watch for traffic updates to make the best decisions if an evacuation is needed.
- Remember the evacuation assistance hotline, 2-1-1.
- Always obey evacuation orders without hesitation, secure your home before leaving, and take pets with you.
- Hurricane Preparedness
National Hurricane Center
- Supply Kits
- Evacuation Routes
- Local News and Information
City of Katy Office of Emergency Management