Griffin families raised over $56,000 and contributed an amazing 28,320 volunteer hours last year. The extra cash meant the PTA has been able to purchase a fantastic range of equipment and teacher training ready for the new school year.
Griffin PTA bought:
- two smart boards;
- five document cameras;
- four projectors;
- extra math and literacy equipment;
- accelerated readers for the literacy library;
- supplies and classroom items for the Art Department;
- additional books for the library;
- a digital recorder, cables, microphones and headphone for the Music Department;
- sponsor a series of educational events for students which have focused on test preparation and positive lifestyle choices; and
- a literacy workshop for teachers.
“Budgets are tight, so the PTA is working closely with the principal, grade teachers and specials teachers to make sure every dollar we raise and every hour spent volunteering is put to the best possible use,” says PTA President Tiffany Walker. “I’m proud that every MGE teacher is a member of the PTA. Our goal for this year is to reach 1,000 members. By working together we can make a real difference at school and be great role models for our children.”
Please mention you found this on www.KatyMagazine.com.