Katy, TX (February 8, 2016) February is National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month. Awareness education for students is part of the Texas Education Code Section 37.0831. This week, the CRJH counseling staff will promote healthy relationships by: ?
- Providing information about healthy relationships and respect during morning announcements ?
- Wearing orange February 9, 2016 to promote respect and healthy relationships ?
- National Respect Announcement on February 12, 2016. ?
- Displaying information regarding healthy relationships throughout the school
The counselors would like to encourage parents to start having conversations with their kids about healthy relationships.
- 3 in 4 parents have never talked to their kids about domestic violence or sexual assault. ?
- 44 percent of all students have been in an abusive relationship by the time they graduate college. ?
- Talking about what it means to have a healthy relationship is the first step to preventing dating violence and abuse. ?
For more information/resources, please visit the following website: http://www.loveisrespect.org/